It's starting to drive me a little crazy that I don't know where in the world I will be next year, and I likely won't know for a few more months. The job search is exhausting, and I'm doing it X2, for both the summer and next year. It feels like so much work that I'm driven to not go overseas, because if I do that I'll have to look for a job again when I return to the states. But nothing is definite and I still would like to teach overseas next year. Maybe. I also like the idea of living in a new place in the states and getting established on my own. A city would be very exciting and diverse, and I could keep up with Spanish practice. These days I'm getting so much joy from Spanish as I listen to Funky or Enrique, go to Spanish church services, talk with my Spanish-speaking friends, get out in the community, and read books about Latino culture.
My dad is coming to visit on Friday. It will be a fun break to see him. I don't get homesick anymore, but I still love my family and think about them a lot, and I call them quite frequently. So far the closest place to them where I've applied is Chicago. That could be great fun.
Tomorrow I'm traveling to Lexington to give a brief presentation on my Marshall Scholars project. My paper came together well over Spring Break, and though I still have 20 pages to go, I'm confident in my resources and my topic of the government's racism towards Japanese-Americans during World War II.
No comments:
Post a Comment