After a lovely 24 days in the US to visit friends and family, I'm headed to South Korea tomorrow! This is one of my dreams coming true, and the way things worked out leading to this point have been just incredible. I have really felt God's hand guiding me, and I'm so grateful that I didn't have to make difficult decisions... things really just fell in place for me.
Living in Japan for 2 years with the job I had was just wonderful. Since the job was an "assistant" language teacher and one of my goals is to be a full-blown teacher, I knew I wouldn't stay in that position forever. I learned so, so much during my 2 years in Japan and was incredibly blessed by all the people I met, new experiences I had, and amazing foods I got to eat.
A few things I learned in Japan:
1. How to live alone, without a car, and in a big city
2. How to cook Japanese food
3. How to speak/read/write/comprehend Japanese (conversational level)
4. How to ski
5. That I love Chinese characters (한자, 漢字)
6. That I love Asia... the food, the people, the fashion, the culture
7. More specifically, that I really love Korean pop culture.. K-POP, Korean dramas, etc.
8. That God is at work in Japan... Japan is less than 1% Christian, but don't let that fool you! I met so many strong, passionate Christians and I saw first-hand how God works and brings people to him in Japan!
9. Protecting your skin from the sun is worth it.
10. Probably 10,000 other things... I learned so, so much.
During my 24 days in the US, I got to visit family in Virginia, Kansas, and Ohio, including my niece, Naisa! I also went to my close friend Natalie's wedding in Indiana. Since I've been out of the US for 2 years, except for a few weeks where I visited to attend my sister's wedding, being in the US was very fun, fresh, and exciting. I noticed a lot of things I appreciate and enjoy about my home country, and I loved eating Middle Eastern food, Mexican food, cottage cheese, and blackberries...
Next time I write I'll give more details about my life in Korea, as I learn them!
Living in Japan for 2 years with the job I had was just wonderful. Since the job was an "assistant" language teacher and one of my goals is to be a full-blown teacher, I knew I wouldn't stay in that position forever. I learned so, so much during my 2 years in Japan and was incredibly blessed by all the people I met, new experiences I had, and amazing foods I got to eat.
A few things I learned in Japan:
1. How to live alone, without a car, and in a big city
2. How to cook Japanese food
3. How to speak/read/write/comprehend Japanese (conversational level)
4. How to ski
5. That I love Chinese characters (한자, 漢字)
6. That I love Asia... the food, the people, the fashion, the culture
7. More specifically, that I really love Korean pop culture.. K-POP, Korean dramas, etc.
8. That God is at work in Japan... Japan is less than 1% Christian, but don't let that fool you! I met so many strong, passionate Christians and I saw first-hand how God works and brings people to him in Japan!
9. Protecting your skin from the sun is worth it.
10. Probably 10,000 other things... I learned so, so much.
During my 24 days in the US, I got to visit family in Virginia, Kansas, and Ohio, including my niece, Naisa! I also went to my close friend Natalie's wedding in Indiana. Since I've been out of the US for 2 years, except for a few weeks where I visited to attend my sister's wedding, being in the US was very fun, fresh, and exciting. I noticed a lot of things I appreciate and enjoy about my home country, and I loved eating Middle Eastern food, Mexican food, cottage cheese, and blackberries...
Next time I write I'll give more details about my life in Korea, as I learn them!
No comments:
Post a Comment