I successfully moved to my new apartment on Saturday. It was more
tiring than I expected it to be, but more exciting and life-giving as
well. I love the new city I'm in. The best part is the huge mountain I
can see from my window and anytime I walk outside, and there is also a
river with a walking path. I have been craving nature these days, so
it's perfect! At the same time it's very convenient in terms of having
lots of grocery stores, restaurants, coffee shops, make-up shops, etc.
The subway is not the best, with only a few trains an hour, but the
buses are pretty good. I like buses better, anyway!
I
am commuting to my old job until next Monday. I ride a bus about 30
minutes, so it's not bad. Riding the bus helps me get the lay of the
land a bit, too. This weekend I did a lot of walking around the area,
helping me get more comfortable, but it takes time for it to all soak
in. Next Tuesday we have a national holiday, which is perfect. This way I
have a day off between starting my new job on Wednesday, March 2. I've
been to the school many times already, since it is on the 3rd floor of
my apartment building, and I can go there to get filtered water.
Some
friends helped me move and unpack, though there's still a bit of
unpacking to do and there are multiple things that I'm not quite sure
where I put. I love my new place so much, though. It's still a studio,
but the kitchen and bedroom/living room area kind of have their own
sections, and then there is a laundry room and a bathroom. It feels like
a lovely little home.
I appreciate prayers as
I finish up at Poly School this week, adjust into my new home and
surroundings, and then adjust into my new job next week. I can't believe
working here is almost over. I'm so grateful because it's been hard. It
has been such a challenge and I have learned so much about myself. I
felt like I was living half alive there for a few months. I worry a bit
about what kind of challenges might be ahead of me- if there might be
any issues with changing my visa to a new school, or other potential
unforeseen problems, but I'm trying to trust God because I believe he
brought me this far.
No comments:
Post a Comment