Sunday, August 15, 2010

Student teaching starts tomorrow!

My student teaching starts tomorrow! I'm excited and optimistic about the future. This year has been crazy and I know the next year probably will be too, as I move into an apartment off-campus, student-teach, and decide what to do after I graduate. I'm very glad to be back in Harrisonburg because I love it and feel at home here. I'm still getting over my breakup, but it's easier as I get into my routine here. I'm sooo thankful for my supportive family and friends.

I'm full of ideas, and my latest is to teach in Japan with the JET program. It's a great program and I know I could visit the Barsches. My parents just got back from Japan and they think I'd love it. I do really want to learn an Asian language and live out of the country for an extended period of time. I'd need to apply by Thanksgiving, which gives me time to think and pray. The other thing that appeals to me is living really close to my family... so two extremes!

God has really shaped me and helped me this last year, both through the good and the hard. It's hard when relationships don't work out, whether friendships or dating ones. I wish you could just escape the pain and forget about it completely.. like moving away. I have experience with that. There are tons of friendships of mine that have ended just because of moving and not because of conflict. But, ah, these are experiences to grow from and to share with others who will go through similar experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment