This summer has been such a gift. While it's challenging to be uprooted from my normal life in Korea and to repack my suitcase every week and go somewhere new, when I think about all the people I've been able to reconnect with or meet, all the conversations & affirmation, all the familiar and new images of my birth country I've seen, all the delicious food I've eaten, and the constant present of God with me through it all, I see my summer for the blessing to me it's been. It's a refreshing break to look like and sound "normal," since I'm used to being a minority in Korea.
To summarize the summer so far, I want to give you some images and videos, including the 2015 Engle Family Dance Video. Also, if you're interested, you can listen to a sermon I gave at West Clinton Mennonite Church on June 28 by clicking here and finding the sermon with my name.
Marie's Graduation and Senior Recital:
Above: video of Marie's recital
Mennonite Convention:
![]() |
| I volunteered with my sister Marie to help with Servant Projects. I had sooo much fun and would love to volunteer again! |
Beach trip with my family:
DANCE VIDEO
![]() |
| Top: Our family at the beach a long time ago. Bottom: This year, still looking good! :-) |
![]() |
| With my two sisters |
![]() |
| With my niece, Naisa |
Engle Family Reunion:
![]() |
| Family reunion for the descendants of my great grandparents, John & Anna Engle. |
![]() |
| Kayaking- Mom on the left, Naisa and I on the right |
![]() |
| Playing games at the Engle Reunion. |
Global Youth Summit:
I am in the video below!
![]() |
| With Maria, who invited me to GYS in the first place. |
Etc:
Reason I don't want to leave the US
I can't eat this there.













No comments:
Post a Comment