My summer is the US is coming to an end! Tomorrow Dad will drive me to Detroit, and I'll be back in Seoul Wednesday night, August 12th (Korean time). I definitely feel more ready to be back than I did a few weeks ago. There are many things I love about the US and don't want to give up, but I'm ready to have a routine again, and excited to be back in Korea and see how it feels.
I spoke at Ridgeway Mennonite Church in Harrisonburg, Virginia, and if you're interested in that message, feel free to listen to the podcast online by clicking here.
I also enjoyed worshiping at Manantial de Vida again, and hanging out with my wonderful group of friends from there. I hope that someday I can live in Harrisonburg again and be active at both Ridgeway and Manantial de Vida again.
I rode with Maria Zehr from Virginia to Ohio, and the next day I left with my mom and sister Marie for Kansas. We spent the night in St. Louis and arrived the next day in Newton, Kansas. It was great to see family from my mom's side and to be there for my cousin Abi's wedding. I even caught the bouquet- well, technically Marie and I both caught it, but I held on longer and my perseverance paid off. :)
Then we went back to Ohio, and said goodbye to Marie as she headed to Vienna for her new job. She's doing well so far, challenging herself with the language and getting herself out there, and I'm very proud. I hope for her to come to Korea over Christmas!
After saying goodbye to her, I've had a pretty low-key week in Ohio. It was great to catch up with Natalie, who came to visit from South Bend, and also to see Mark Bartsch again. I met up with Ellen Roth, a young woman from my church who spent a year in Laos and just headed back for another. I hope I'll have a chance to visit her- Laos isn't terribly far from Korea! Linda, Eric, and Emma Wolgemoth also stopped by on their way to Michigan, and it was great fun to spend time with them.
When I get back to Korea, I have a few days before work starts, so I plan to meet up with friends, go to the dermatologist, go hiking, and maybe even go to some museums. Before I officially start teaching at my new job, I'll go to the hospital for a health check-up and to immigration to change my visa, I'll have 2 days of classroom observation, and I'll move into my new apartment. I really, really look forward to being all moved into my new home and settled, but I want to enjoy each day before that as well. I've had a really long vacation and it will soon be over!
I spoke at Ridgeway Mennonite Church in Harrisonburg, Virginia, and if you're interested in that message, feel free to listen to the podcast online by clicking here.
I also enjoyed worshiping at Manantial de Vida again, and hanging out with my wonderful group of friends from there. I hope that someday I can live in Harrisonburg again and be active at both Ridgeway and Manantial de Vida again.
I rode with Maria Zehr from Virginia to Ohio, and the next day I left with my mom and sister Marie for Kansas. We spent the night in St. Louis and arrived the next day in Newton, Kansas. It was great to see family from my mom's side and to be there for my cousin Abi's wedding. I even caught the bouquet- well, technically Marie and I both caught it, but I held on longer and my perseverance paid off. :)
Then we went back to Ohio, and said goodbye to Marie as she headed to Vienna for her new job. She's doing well so far, challenging herself with the language and getting herself out there, and I'm very proud. I hope for her to come to Korea over Christmas!
After saying goodbye to her, I've had a pretty low-key week in Ohio. It was great to catch up with Natalie, who came to visit from South Bend, and also to see Mark Bartsch again. I met up with Ellen Roth, a young woman from my church who spent a year in Laos and just headed back for another. I hope I'll have a chance to visit her- Laos isn't terribly far from Korea! Linda, Eric, and Emma Wolgemoth also stopped by on their way to Michigan, and it was great fun to spend time with them.
When I get back to Korea, I have a few days before work starts, so I plan to meet up with friends, go to the dermatologist, go hiking, and maybe even go to some museums. Before I officially start teaching at my new job, I'll go to the hospital for a health check-up and to immigration to change my visa, I'll have 2 days of classroom observation, and I'll move into my new apartment. I really, really look forward to being all moved into my new home and settled, but I want to enjoy each day before that as well. I've had a really long vacation and it will soon be over!
No comments:
Post a Comment