I had a truly wonderful vacation and trip with my friend
Maria Zehr. We spent a good part of the week in Jeju, and then took a
weekend trip to Jeonju. What a joy to have her come here! I feel so
blessed to feel well-rested and and to have passion again for my job. We
are doing two weeks of English camps. I've been really enjoying
brainstorming ideas with my co-workers and developing the concept for
camp. I've never done a Christian English camp- I worked at a Christian
camp in the US and then worked at English camps in Japan- but this time I
get to do both! I'm praying for energy and passion for us all, and
hoping we don't lose all the fresh energy we gained from vacation.
I
have been considering graduate school for the last few months. There
are so many decisions to make- MA or PhD, a Korean university or an
American one, the specific timing, the major. It's not easy to make time
to do the necessary research while working full-time. I appreciate
prayers for discernment and wisdom.
After our two weeks of
camp, the 2nd semester will start (the Korean school year starts in
March!). My teaching schedule has changed a bit, so I ask for your
prayers for a smooth transition into the new subjects and teach and the
many, many unknowns ahead.
I look forward to my mother
coming to visit next month! Something that's been really life-giving for
me lately is that my mother has been studying Korean intensively. She
is taking a Korean class over Skype (with my dear friend Sarah teaching
her), and she studies every day. I feel so, so loved that someone would
study a language because of me! What a way to show love and support.
 |
| We spent part of our time in Jeju Island with Christine and her family. |
 |
| Maria and I at a a swimming hole in Jeju. |
 |
| Our first meal in Jeonju- with Hyeyeon and Maria. |
 |
| Outside Kaia's old house, near the Gangjeong Naval Base. |
No comments:
Post a Comment