Monday, June 21, 2010

in an end is a beginning

It's been a month since I've written and sooo much has happened. I've been at SWAP for almost a month now, and my life has changed. My relationship with Kendall is over because he feels he can serve God better single. We're still both here for the rest of the summer, so we'll see how it goes. I do feel at peace now, finally knowing what's going on. For so long it didn't feel like we were even in a relationship anymore. That's not fun to come home to after cross-cultural, but it's part of life. And we had a healthy relationship, so I'm not left emotionally scarred or with regrets.
I like being here at SWAP, I guess. It's not as great as last summer, but it's nice to know what I'm doing in the kitchen, and I like the other staff. I guess I don't really have a better option of somewhere to be. I've been homesick with everything going on in my life, but Dad is coming to visit and take me home for break week in less than 3 weeks.
Even though my relationship with Kendall is over, I am optimistic about the future and meeting the right person at the right time. I'm excited about all the places I might go, and what/where happens after graduation. For a while I was thinking about teaching at Moscow Economic School, but if I teach at a low-income US school for 5 years, I can get a bunch of my loans cancelled. I think I'll try to do that first, before I jet off on international living adventures.
I also wanted to write that through my struggles in the last month, though they've been hard, I've really felt the presence of God. I 'need' God more when I'm in a hard time, and I do love feeling so close to him. He is so good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment