Sunday, July 4, 2010

And up comes the sun...

I feel like things are going way better in my life. I guess talking about your problems and getting everything out really does help!! God has really comforted and brought me peace, and I'm not so overwhelmed to think about being at SWAP 5 more weeks. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!!
Yesterday we grilled with the neighbors and Jennifer and I read outside, getting some sun. Today I skipped church because I knew it would be really patriotic, not my favorite thing at church, so I listened to some of my dad's on-line sermons. When Jen got back from church today, we listened to another sermon outside in the sun. I finished reading all the Homer Hickham books in the house and started "Reading Lolita in Tehran," a used book I found at a cute store in Bramwell. Bramwell is about 20 minutes away and used to be home to the largest concentration of millionaires, due to the coal mines. Even today it has lots of beautiful mansions. We drove around there last weekend and had milkshakes at a cute, old-fashioned diner.
Today we're going to a 4th of July picnic at a neighbor's. Then on Thursday, Dad comes!! Yippee.
The blackberries are ready now and I'll be picking them this week! They make me think of my childhood, along with the honeysuckle and certain trees here. We are only 4 hours from Harrisonburg (though I looked up my greyhound bus ride, and it will take 6 and a half hours! blahh!).

No comments:

Post a Comment