I often find post-break-up poetry while cleaning my room. Most of it is pretty bad for a variety of reasons, but this one was kind of good and connects with the other poem I just posted.
I love new journals
fresh starts
clean chapters
the next epoch of my life
the old is past
no longer relevant
I learned from it but don't dwell
I'm bigger than the shit that held me down
My strength came one day at a time
You can be strong and sensitive too
I cried my eyes out over you but now I'm through
I'm bigger, I'm wiser, and I have no guilt
I'md damn glad you ended it
Because my future is mine
I'm the strong honest one from all this with a spine
You lied but I don't want to know the truth
Because I don't respect your words anymore
The door is slammed,
crammed,
jammed
and the key is my hate
It only dissipated
enough for me to live with my faith
Jesus still loves you, and I'll let him do that
But you better hope you never run into me

No comments:
Post a Comment