In Japan here for a month, I miss speaking Spanish, the diversity of Harrisonburg, corn tortillas & Central American food, my old phone, air conditioning, Ridgeway & Manantial de Vida, all my friends, my family, and Harrisonburg City Public School kids, BUT I am having a great time here and I'm just so glad for all the ways I've been blessed and continue to be blessed.
Things I Love About Japan:
1) Wearing "indoor shoes" at work. I get to wear Crocs all day while I teach and work in the staff room!
2) Shopping at the grocery store! It's always fun and exciting, and things like daikon, mung beans, miso paste, tofu, and seafood are so cheap and fresh!
3) New friends from around the world... here's me with Annie from the UK, enjoying ramen!
4) And new friends from Virginia! Sean is from Harrisonburg and he lives a couple hours from me in Japan. Aileen is from Manassas and she lives a short bus ride away. :) It's a small world, folks.
5) Getting to try new things and having an adventure every day!
6) Japanese students give a polite greeting and bow at the beginning and end of every class.
7) It's easy to live without a car!
8) It's safe to go running outside at night.
9) There is such cool stuff to look at when you go shopping!
10) My skin never gets dry in the humidity.
11) God is in Japan and my faith feels so fresh!


No comments:
Post a Comment