Saturday, September 24, 2011

Favorite foods

I really love Japanese food... I love cooking it; I love shopping for it. Don't get me wrong, I still have cravings for Latin American food and Middle Eastern food... but I just try not to think about platanos, frijoles negros, tortillas de maiz, baba ganoush, hummus, and olives. Foreign food is expensive here, and there are so many awesome Japanese ingredients I want to try and eat while I can! So here's a list of my current favorites:
1) Shiso, a Japanese herb I added to lemonade for a very refreshing drink
2) Matcha, green tea powder. You stir it into hot water for tea with a different taste and texture.
3) Lotus root. It looks sooo cool.. and it tastes good.
4) Fun ice cream flavors- matcha, aduzi bean, beer, sesame, tea, chestnut, etc.
5) Milk tea.
6) Melon yogurt.
7) Fish.
8) Mushrooms.
9) Seaweed!
10) Plums and persimmons :)

No comments:

Post a Comment