August is a month of transition! It's my last month working at Connexus Language Institute and living in Deokso. At the end of August, I will move in with my home-stay family, and on September 4th my full-time Korean classes at Sogang University start. I spent a Sunday with my home stay family last month, and it was a great time to get closer and feel more comfortable with them. They have a 16 year old daughter, Soyeon, and a cat. Soyeon and I talked a while and then we played chess. I'm looking forward to living with them. They live very close to Sogang University, right in Seoul. It will be a new experience for me to live right in the city! They are Catholic, though they said they don't go to services very often.
At Connexus, most of the new teachers are here now, and I feel like they are great additions and wonderful people. Three of the new teachers are all from Kansas, which is kind of fun, because I have a lot of extended family in Kansas. One of the girls even went to Bethel College with my cousin Erin! Here are some pictures.
 |
| Enjoying some food from the market with the new teachers! |
 |
| Exploring Dongdaemun with the new teachers~ |
During my 4 days of summer vacation, I went on a trip that circled around South Korea. Previously, I hadn't been very far south, so it was really nice to explore different areas. I went with my close friend, Sarah, who loves trip planning. We spend almost every night at the house of one of Sarah's friends. It was a great chance for me to see a variety of Korean families and how they live. During our trip, we went to Andong, Daegu, Busan, Boseong, and Daejeon.
 |
| Beautiful green tea fields in Boseong. |
 |
| At the beach in Busan with Shannon and Sarah. It was raining, so we went to the aquarium. |
 |
| Delicious raw fish in Busan! |
 |
| Karaoke in Busan! |
Here are a few other pictures of what I've been up to in July and August:
 |
| At Easter's wedding with Sarah and Karen's family. |
 |
| Spending time with Alice during her visit. |
 |
| I went to this powerful exhibition with Yeseul. |
No comments:
Post a Comment