DC was a blast today. Riding the metro is so fun and easy. I want to move somewhere where I can use public transport all the time. We went to the Library of Congress, Grace and I, and registered for researcher cards. (That means we'll be allowed in the library to do research) Then we went out for lunch with Sarah Wood, our aunt. We had Middle Eastern food, my favorite kind! The sun was shining and we ate on the patio.
But then Grace and I metroed to Dupont, and suddenly it was really windy and rainy, right when we had to walk to the embassy. All the embassies are together, and some of them look like castles.
It's interesting b/c the other people applying (that I talked to) had majored in Japanese but didn't have teaching experience. I don't know any Japanese, but I know how to teach, so I think I've got a good chance, if this is where God wants me.
I think my interview went well, but I don't know. I blanked on a few questions, like "What is a book that shows American culture you could recommend to Japanese colleagues"... I almost said "Anna Karenina"...they asked how I'll chose between Japan and Russia... I'd like to know the answer to that, too...:)
They were surprised that I had a background in Spanish but was looking at this job. I was surprised that all the other candidates had taken Japanese classes! I didn't know it was offered so many places!
No comments:
Post a Comment