Today was a BIG day, but I like busy most of the time. During tutoring this morning, I wrote 5 different resumees for the job fair. Then I had English conversation with an IEP student. She was giving me lots of tips on my JET (Japan teaching) interview, like to not wear earrings and wear my hair up. Then I went to investment club, where I continue to have the highest performing mock portfolio... woot woot! I slipped out early for my mock interview with Harrisonburg City Schools. After lunch, I walked around the job fair with my suit on and tried to find summer jobs that might be stimulating. We'll see, I guess. I also had resumee review.
Then I went to a job interview to be an English tutor for an older Japanese woman! I really hope I get the job. But first, I got pulled over! (My first time ever alone in the car) I wasn't sure why.. maybe he caught a rolling stop... but he asked about my inspection because he thought it was expired, even though that's Virginia rule and I have a beautiful Ohio license plate. He looked at my license and then let me go. No tears or flirting were necessary. (Just kidding.. I would NOT purposely do that.)
Now I'm making Papas Rellenas- potato balls filled with ground venison, raisins, green olives, tomato sauce. I've had good food today because I bought an Italian soda, coconut flavored, at Organic Grounds and I had homemade coffee jello. Isn't it fun to think of getting your daily caffeine through jello? Wiggily energy!
No comments:
Post a Comment