Friday, June 10, 2011

peace in the midst of confusion

Life can be a struggle, because while it brings joy, it also brings uncertainty. You can plan and plan and things can still go differently, and now what? You wait to see what happens next and where God is leading you. Waiting is a part of life that never ends, because there's always something new you need patience for.

This can be incredibly frustrating. I feel similar emotions over and over again with different issues. I "know" things will work out in the end, but I still can't wrap my head around things that have happened. I don't understand them in the moment while still knowing I will someday... this can be both frustrating and hopeful.

The best thing I have found to remedy the problem is this: peace in the midst of confusion. I would go insane with worry and "what-ifs" if God didn't bless me with a feeling of peace, a reminder that he is in control and he knows what will happen next and how this all will work for good (or, if nothing else, make me stronger).

I don't have all the answers and I likely won't have the one I'm looking for until late next week. That could drive me crazy, but God has given me his peace. In the midst of experiencing shock, sadness, doubt, and anger, I feel his peace, and I know his hand is on my next steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment