Thursday, May 19, 2011

Expectations of Japan

What do I expect? List a dozen expectations you have, and don't just limit them to Japan. Include how you expect to behave, and include your expectations for leaving Japan.
1) Culture shock
2) Miscommunication
3) Language barrier
4) Having lots of fun at the grocery store
5) Eating delicious food
6) Trying lots of new things
7) Not being able to buy shoes or clothes because of my size
8) Getting very involved in the community
9) Traveling to visit the Bartschs and Miki
10) Studying Japanese an hour a day
11) Finding a Japanese church, even if I have to travel for hours and can only visit bi-monthly
12) Having trouble adjusting to the United States when I return, especially as I panic to find a teaching job (since I won’t fly back until early August)

No comments:

Post a Comment