Sunday, May 15, 2011

Experiencing God at Spanish church

I just love Spanish church. There is something so powerful for me about worshiping God in a different language and with different people. Part of it is fond memories of my semester in Latin America, but it's bigger than that. It's the realization that Spanish church contains Central and South American culture, a more charismatic and expressive worship style, and a different language, but it's worshiping the same God as my English church that has a Caucasian majority, reflective worship, and my mother tongue. I love both cultures, both worship styles, and both languages, and they both please God. I love seeing and being a part of the different ways God is worshiped. It is my dream to one day be a part of a bilingual service that combines both cultures, worship styles, and languages into one. It is also my dream to study Spanish again at a language school in Central America during a summer in the future.
How does this connect with the current direction my life is going....Japan? Well, I'm eager to experience God in a third culture, worship style, and language. I pray that I will get the opportunity to be involved in a Japanese church. There are very few Christian churches in Japan, so I may need to commute to have this experience.

God is so big and he only seems bigger the more I get to know Him and His creation- His different cultures and people that I love so much! I am content to be a small part, a link, in His plan. I would be happy if He can use me at all, because I am honored to be connected to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment