Thursday, May 19, 2011

Goals in Japan

It's challenging to make lists of goals and expectations for Japan, because though I'm doing lots of research, I feel like I have to be there before I really know what I'm getting myself into. Still, I guess it's good to make some preliminary goals, and then in a few months and in a year I can look back and see how off- or on- I was!

Goals:
1) Learn Japanese to the level of my Spanish ability (or higher, who knows!)
2) Try at least one new food/recipe a week
3) Go to the Japanese bath (onsen) a lot
4) Do karaoke in a country where karaoke is cool! (I think)
5) Visit Hiroshima
6) Get my haircut, go to the dentist, go to the doctor, etc. All the typical things that are unique and adventurous in a different country!
7) Save 20% of my income, send it home, and open a Roth IRA
8) Plan amazing itineraries for when Aunt Karis and my folks visit!!!
9) Make Japanese friends and foreign friends
10) Connect with a church

No comments:

Post a Comment