Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pre-Japan Reflections: 20 Aspects of my Identity

JET is the program through which I am going to Japan. In the plethora of JET information I'm exploring online, I found some reflective activities to do before going to Japan. This reflective activity involves listing the first 20 aspects of your identity that come to mind. Here's what I cam up with. If you can think of anything else, please add it as a comment! It's easy for the first few, but then you have to think harder. It will be interesting to see how these elements of my identity change/adapt/grow while I'm in Japan.
20 Aspects of my Identity:
1) A Christian active in the church
2) Someone who loves different cultures
3) A writer
4) A teacher
5) A Spanish speaker (who wants to learn more!)
6) A weight-lifter
7) A camper/hiker who loves mountains
8) A tall woman
9) Compassionate
10) An enjoyer of international food
11) A cook of international food
12) A dedicated daughter and sister in a loving, relaxed family
13) An academic
14) A dreamer
15) Someone who loves adventure/trying new things (especially weird food)
16) Someone who loves routine
17) A peacemaker/Mennonite
18) An immigration activist
19) Democrat
20) A personal investor (well, I will be soon, once I start making the money!)

No comments:

Post a Comment